High End is Dying

Go down

High End is Dying Empty High End is Dying

Post by Darth Syphillist on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Purdy much every "high-end" system I've heard was shrill...like a date with a dentist's drill. There have been a few exceptions but I'll write about another time.

I've heard so much dreck, even Brits speakers that Americans drool over and American speakers that Aussies worship and I can't even associate price with sound quality or build quality. Wilson Audio is cack, fool bait built in a garage, sprayed in an automotive paint booth and peddled by his studio friends for financial kickbacks. They creates a belief system that his speakers were superior and thus his friends studios must be superior. The owner's autobiography (since taken down and site remade) proved what kind of an arrogant self absorbed cunt he really was.

Bowers & Wilkins is dramatically overrated and their 600 series is barf. The 700 is designed to sound shrill in the low treble on purpose. Every time they come out with a new line they double the price. Kef, Polk Audio, Klipsh, all mediocre. Their cheap lines only sell because people believe all audio gear should be $400 USD or less and those companies cater to that mentality.

And tube gear? All chinese sweat shop parts stuffed in boxes with Euro names. Cheap gold plating that rubs off the 5th time you clean it and chrome plated plastic like a guitar made in mexico.

The scandanavian speakers are dire overrated, absolutely overbrown with loads of harmonic distortion. That's why they don't put those measurements in their product information - they know state of their driver designs hasn't improved in decades. The frequency response is more refined, but that's it. The same problems that speakers faced back then are still very real. The good ones back then are still good, and the rubbish is still rubbish.
And these "audiophiles" doing startups creating these audio companies are scared to death of bass. Their amps are dry and thin, their $35,000 speakers are just treble and midrange, little of anything else. All markup.

Not to mention boxy sounding because they're TOO DAMN CHEAP to use stuffing materials to remove resonance and haven't the design acumen to improve it. They defend their position with utterly stupid claims that "damping materials suck the life out of the sound". A complete lie on their part. An empty promise by the devil himself. I recently changed an amp on my cousins Polk subwoofer and stuffed the box with Pink Panther (Owens Corning) insulation and it dramatically improved the bass.
High-end is dying. Nothing sells. It only circulates from factory to store to factory to store.

German Physiks (below) only ever sold 2 of the their Gaudi reference speakers. The $150,000 speakers get shipped back to the manufacturer. The $50,000 amps go back to the factory. Nobody buys that shit anymore except fools and reviewers keep them on extended loans!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Audiophiles only spend their money on stupid power cables, glossy magazines, endless "upgrades" to the next flavor of the month kit... and sex tourism in Thailand, Philipines, Dominican Republic, and Brazil. Whenever I hear an audiophile bragging about going south for a vacay I know they're perverted. Most audiophiles are homos and such. The only difference between an open audiophile and paedophile is one is catered to and allowed free to continue their damage.

The key for the normal audio enthusiast is to be happy with what he has. Stop looking to fix a problem that doesn't exist. I find that law of diminishing returns is right aound $20,000 USD for speakers and $3000 for power amps. For CD/media players $2500 is the break point IMHO.
Above this max price point I really question what I'm paying for.
Darth Syphillist
Darth Syphillist

Back to top Go down

High End is Dying Empty Re: High End is Dying

Post by DarKHarlequiN on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Makes total sence to moi Womble....

Back to top Go down

Post by Engeeeeee on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:57 pm

Fuck off Syphbrain with your circulars.
Engeeeeee
Engeeeeee
BIGGEST COCK ON FIRKHAM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Oxbig on Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:22 am

Darth Syphillist wrote:Purdy much every "high-end" system I've heard was shrill...like a date with a dentist's drill. There have been a few exceptions but I'll write about another time.

I've heard so much dreck, even Brits speakers that Americans drool over and American speakers that Aussies worship and I can't even associate price with sound quality or build quality. Wilson Audio is cack, fool bait built in a garage, sprayed in an automotive paint booth and peddled by his studio friends for financial kickbacks. They creates a belief system that his speakers were superior and thus his friends studios must be superior. The owner's autobiography (since taken down and site remade) proved what kind of an arrogant self absorbed cunt he really was.

Bowers & Wilkins is dramatically overrated and their 600 series is barf. The 700 is designed to sound shrill in the low treble on purpose. Every time they come out with a new line they double the price. Kef, Polk Audio, Klipsh, all mediocre. Their cheap lines only sell because people believe all audio gear should be $400 USD or less and those companies cater to that mentality.

And tube gear? All chinese sweat shop parts stuffed in boxes with Euro names. Cheap gold plating that rubs off the 5th time you clean it and chrome plated plastic like a guitar made in mexico.

The scandanavian speakers are dire overrated, absolutely overbrown with loads of harmonic distortion. That's why they don't put those measurements in their product information - they know state of their driver designs hasn't improved in decades. The frequency response is more refined, but that's it. The same problems that speakers faced back then are still very real. The good ones back then are still good, and the rubbish is still rubbish.
And these "audiophiles" doing startups creating these audio companies are scared to death of bass. Their amps are dry and thin, their $35,000 speakers are just treble and midrange, little of anything else. All markup.

Not to mention boxy sounding because they're TOO DAMN CHEAP to use stuffing materials to remove resonance and haven't the design acumen to improve it. They defend their position with utterly stupid claims that "damping materials suck the life out of the sound". A complete lie on their part. An empty promise by the devil himself. I recently changed an amp on my cousins Polk subwoofer and stuffed the box with Pink Panther (Owens Corning) insulation and it dramatically improved the bass.
High-end is dying. Nothing sells. It only circulates from factory to store to factory to store.

German Physiks (below) only ever sold 2 of the their Gaudi reference speakers. The $150,000 speakers get shipped back to the manufacturer. The $50,000 amps go back to the factory. Nobody buys that shit anymore except fools and reviewers keep them on extended loans!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Audiophiles only spend their money on stupid power cables, glossy magazines, endless "upgrades" to the next flavor of the month kit... and sex tourism in Thailand, Philipines, Dominican Republic, and Brazil. Whenever I hear an audiophile bragging about going south for a vacay I know they're perverted. Most audiophiles are homos and such. The only difference between an open audiophile and paedophile is one is catered to and allowed free to continue their damage.

The key for the normal audio enthusiast is to be happy with what he has. Stop looking to fix a problem that doesn't exist. I find that law of diminishing returns is right aound $20,000 USD for speakers and $3000 for power amps. For CD/media players $2500 is the break point IMHO.
Above this max price point I really question what I'm paying for.
yep
most of this is spot on .yep most audiophiles aint normal in the head...perverts and paedo's is spot on..go into any high end hifi shop and try a find a normal looking bloke...they all look like that kiddy fiddler from wrexham
Mike Oxbig
Mike Oxbig
INSANE BASTARD

http://cockswellinn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Oxbig on Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:24 am

told ya all years ago almost all hifi is screechy shite..ear splitting cack...all raging fucking loonies going round n round in circles..
Mike Oxbig
Mike Oxbig
INSANE BASTARD

http://cockswellinn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Syphillist on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:40 am

A few years back I read on a Wikileaks screenshot posted on a forum that Bowers & Wilkins were in dire financial distress. Then some clog boggers on Canuck Audio Mart tried to dispel it as myth. You know how audiophiles are immune to facts. 

Then the 801 floor speaker disappeared. Poof!
Then the diamond series sharply increased in price by almost 100% and then the NEXT generation didn’t.

It looks like the Wiki was right, because it’s making headlines now.
Product lines downsizing, moving manufacturing to the land of the coronavirus, cheapening finishes from clear veneer to sold black, etc. B&W has undergone some disastrous management changes and has been seeking the guidance of...cough...”efficiency experts”. 

It always starts with the company expanding it’s produce to cheaper entry level products: headphones, barf-worthy laptop audio then car audio, then iPhone docks and wireless sour-round sound plastic crap, then toaster ovens.

The next stage is always the same too:
One step from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Every audio company I’ve seen take this path gets to this point. It ends two ways; (1) terminally, or (2) layoffs and the creditors take control of the company. 
Economists say we are due for a recession. It’s a bad time to restructure and retool when you no longer can afford to! Duh!

Remember Jensen? How about RCA? Kenwood anyone? Panasonic and Technics? Oh you have to know sbout Pioneer! What about a dozen others?

They used to make more than rebranded cable TV signal boosters and snake oil capacitors, but that’s all you find now. They were huge; they made audio consoles, disco pro audio systems, turntables, radio DJ equipment, home speakers. And then management faltered, following the pattern above. They failed to advertise. They adopted compartmentalization. They failed to hold onto the quality standard because “tests show subjects can’t hear the difference”, and ULTIMATELY alienated their past loyal customer base.

They didn’t die. Corporate pirates bought them up and split them into pieces. 
An arm here, a foot there, everything that could be sold for quick profit to stupid venture capitalists of whom would do very little to regain the brand names’s former glory.

The smaller companies that stick to their guns but failed to advertise ended up boarding their doors. 2008 until now has claimed HUNDREDS of audio companies.

The PROBLEM as DARTH sees it, nobody advertises awesome stereos as being cool. sunny
The other problem is stretching your product lines into bottom feeder price territories doesn’t attract the buyers that pay your  bills. 
It just makes your brand look non-exclusive.

So what of Bowers & Wilkins say you? They won’t vanish, but I expect if they don’t cleave some heads on the payroll you’ll eventually be buying a microwave oven with their name glistening in fake machined aluminum.
Such is life.

Last edited by Darth Syphillist on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Syphillist
Darth Syphillist

Back to top Go down

Post by isaac hunt on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:20 am

utter fucking shite spekers as almost all hifi is...these twats need to get a proper hobby and stop this bollox
isaac hunt
isaac hunt
INSANE BASTARD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum