Who wans hear me review of "The Show That Never Ends: The rise and Fall of Prog Rock" by David Weigel?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who wans hear me review of "The Show That Never Ends: The rise and Fall of Prog Rock" by David Weigel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who wans hear me review of "The Show That Never Ends: The rise and Fall of Prog Rock" by David Weigel?

Post by Wallace on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Don't know that book.

Macan wrote wot most consider the definative book on prog subculture, Rocking the Classics.

(He also put out a cd of his own instrumental music.)

Ever read Holm-Hudson's tome,   Progressive Rock Reconsidered?  Its on the history of prog and basically impossible to read.
A professor of Music Theory , the book reads just like that. Lots of rubbish, very intricate dissection & analysis. Basically just a springboard for him to show off what a big IQ he had.

He did a treatise sorta thing, I believe, dissecting I think it was ,Tales from Topograffdicked Oceans. Really, really going scholarly overboard. I betcha Anderson had a good laugh.
(Anderson's vague lyrics are open to all sorts of speculation , but really meaning was of little concern - he wrote for THE SOUND. This guy Holm-wotsit would go on and on what "total mass retain" and such  obviously meant to Anderson.
Wallace
Wallace
WALLY THE TOTAL FRIENDLY FRUITCAKE

Back to top Go down

Who wans hear me review of "The Show That Never Ends: The rise and Fall of Prog Rock" by David Weigel? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who wans hear me review of "The Show That Never Ends: The rise and Fall of Prog Rock" by David Weigel?

Post by StevieWorcester on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:56 pm

What the fuck do you mean by 'Don't know that book'? It's a seminal ELP tome, FFS. Call yourself a fan?

Look here.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NECK BEARD GURU

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:59 pm

Wot you fink of Emerson,Lake & Powell lp?

Just another Howe-going-to-Asia type lp, or you find something worthy there.

Cozy Powell of course stellar drummmer. (His first band was an interesting one - forget it just now.)
Wallace
Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:10 pm

See how my memory is going; 

I just had to look this up even though I heard, for the first time, a few of the tracks by ACE KEFFORD STAND.
This was the band Cozy Powell was basically first in. Get this:
Robert Plant and John Bonham, 
Tony Iommi, 
Dave Pegg, 
and Slade's vocalist ,Holder. 
The band was Young Blood. 
Ace Kefford (The Move vocalist/bassist) then joined and it became Ace Kefford Stand releasing singles and, by the time the lp came out in '69, some members had left to be replaced by the Bell brothers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wallace
Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Who wans hear me review of "The Show That Never Ends: The rise and Fall of Prog Rock" by David Weigel? - Page 2 1914374567
Engine
Engine
BIGGUS DICKUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Wally you: Thick Skinned Cannack Cunt.

Who wans hear me review of "The Show That Never Ends: The rise and Fall of Prog Rock" by David Weigel? - Page 2 1304438225

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum