REMEMBER ME (2014, UK)

Go down

REMEMBER ME (2014, UK) Empty REMEMBER ME (2014, UK)

Post by Wallace on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:35 am

This BBC 3part mini series is on the telly here now.

Why are the Brits so good at paranormal films and the Americans so shit?

Micheal Palin plays an 80-something elderly who fakes a fall so he can be taken away from a terraced home to a care home. He has lived there without electricity or warm water for a while. And no relatives or anyone to visit him. Only the Paki family living smack next door, council flats-style.
At first you dont know where the story is going and you don't realize its a ghost story.

The old man's home is haunted.
It is clever that  you have this row of housing with the old man's haunted place connecting to the other  houses on one side and the paki family living on the other  BUT NOTHING ELSE BEYOND THE PAKI DWELLING. (It overlooks a raised open space) so that the pakis have a haunted building on one side and exposed area on the other. (there is this one painting by some surrealist painter - I forget who - that shows a seaside resort hotel on one side of the painting which ABRUPTLY  ends right next the open sea on the other. Wallace always found this painting to be somehow scary - even though Wallace is not agoraphobic.)

A care-giver returns to the old man's house to gather some of his clothing belongings (which she later learns he DEFINITELY did not want brought out of the house ) and she finds a piano and many different sheet musics of the SAME piece: "Scarborough Fair". (That is what  the title, "Remember me" is referring to.

This was filmed in Huddersfield ,West yorkshire, but I think its meant to be the resort town of Scarborough in North York.
Anyways, they sure got the brooding atmosphere  right. The dark-stoned cement block buildings (like you see in Aberdeen Scotland also), and the constant dark , roiling skies  give this film an errie bleakness.

It wasn't long into the film that I was reminded of the wonderful 70s series of  - mainly M.R. James & Benson  - supernatural story films BBC would show every Christmas season. Indeed there later is a scene where the ghost seems to rise out of bedsheets which MOST CERTAINLY was inspired by the scene with micheal horden in "Oh Whistle And I'll Come To You" from that classic "Ghost Stories for Christmas" series.
Wallace
Wallace
WALLY THE TOTAL FRIENDLY FRUITCAKE

Back to top Go down

REMEMBER ME (2014, UK) Empty Re: REMEMBER ME (2014, UK)

Post by Engeeeeee on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:57 am

Did the Pakkis get more money from the government for living next door to a
Engeeeeee
Engeeeeee
BIGGEST COCK ON FIRKHAM

Back to top Go down

Post by isaac hunt on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:59 am

english tv wipes the floor with that fucking yank tripe wally...yank chat shows make my flesh crawl...like most things in life yanks have no fucking idea
isaac hunt
isaac hunt
INSANE BASTARD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am

Yanks only know two things, they are either for em or against them.
Ignorant loud mouth Cunts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum