THE CASUAL VACANCY (UK, 2015)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE CASUAL VACANCY (UK, 2015)

Post by Wallace on Mon May 16, 2016 7:55 pm

"Save Sweetlove House"

May the best man win.

Quirky microcosm of British society.
Excellent 3 part series about the folk of idyllic  village, Fagford. The  moderately-affluent, Respectable  against the junkie-poor of adjacent Fields chav-district, housing estate. 

Rather curious mix of comedy and tradgedy.

The evil Respectable  are portrayed here as being real nice, lovable elderly  folk on the surface. They want to cleanse the beautiful village of a methadone clinic which attracts the rabble from Fields. The clinic is set up in a building constructed  in Victorian days by a prominent good samaritan, Sweetlove,  wealthy knob who  wanted it to be present for posterity for the betterment of  the poor. A legacy to the poor.
It is Barry Fairbrother , a  real good and articulate  man who stands up continually for the poor and is a bee in the bonnet of the scheming rich, suddenly has an anurism and dies. A vacancy in the city council develops. Looks like the tide is turning and following votes, the rich will get their way.

Someone in the village - The "Ghost Of Barry" -  rises up on the internet casting aspersions on all the candidates, dredging up their dark secrets.

From the novel by the authoress wot wrote the Harry Potter books. 
The book has 23 main characters and the film has no real main character -unless it be Chrystal Weedon  , a difficult, disaffected,sexually-precocious, rude  teen who has to look after her young brother cos the mother has been a total waste of space druggy.

Rudy: a guy goes about town in a YELLOW car. And a kid wears a "Frankie  Says 'Relax'  "!" tee-shirt!

Micheal Gambon again.
Wallace
WALLY THE TOTAL FRIENDLY FRUITCAKE

Back to top Go down

Re: THE CASUAL VACANCY (UK, 2015)

Post by Tippu Tip on Tue May 17, 2016 7:03 am

Tippu Tip
INSANE BASTARD

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace on Tue May 17, 2016 4:18 pm

No Tipps!
Its smart.

I like the  way they integrate the various musics here.

For instance they do this dire, dirge-sounding Gregorian chant bit at one point in the series and you are lead to believe this is bulid-up for some imminent tragedy - but nothing happens. But then this chant is repeated near the end of the film and, this time,  it does  foreshadow tragedy - but not what you expected.

The music  - if you think about it - also fits the theme that the SELFISHNESS that you see in all the villagers and Field peeps is UNIVERSAL; not bound by time . It is the human condition: this did not have to be contemporary but could have been Dickensian or (as the Gregorian chant implies) ,medieval. People remain the same regardless the age.

Also the Gregorian chants fits since the village (actually a composite of  FOUR  village filming locals) has abbey ruins nearby.

You should seek this out Tipps. Nevermind that the (thick ) book was written by Rowling wot did the Potter fantasies.
Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Tippu Tip on Wed May 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Harry Potter, and that no talent Bitch Rowling can get stuffed, never seen or read so much drivel in my life.  I am not some fucked up 11 year old who sucks his Dogs Dick FFs.
Do not ever insult my intelligence by mentioning that crap ever again. I do not care in what context OK.

BTW Gregorian Chants are fucking Drivel. Only pseudo intellectual, boring Cunts, with fucking chin beards, and frustrated, liberal, dry fanny'd, Bull Dykes, listen to that crap.
Tippu Tip
INSANE BASTARD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudolph Hucker on Wed May 18, 2016 1:17 pm

harry potter lol...biggest loada fucking tripe ever written..cant watch those films bozos...
Rudolph Hucker
INSANE BASTARD

Back to top Go down

Post by Tippu Tip on Wed May 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Fucking tripe puts me to sleep, worse than watching Formula 1 FFs.
Tippu Tip
INSANE BASTARD

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace on Wed May 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Sinatra doan puts me to dozy dozy-o's.

Juss gets me angry.
Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Tippu Tip on Wed May 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Great, will play it at your Funeral then!

The only Taste you Got; is for the shit you find to eat in the alley behind the Ching Chong Deli.
Tippu Tip
INSANE BASTARD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top