SPRING (2014, cANADA)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SPRING (2014, cANADA)

Post by Wallace on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:49 pm

You want Wallace to tell you about this movie?

What have you done for ME?
Wallace
WALLY THE TOTAL FRIENDLY FRUITCAKE

Back to top Go down

Re: SPRING (2014, cANADA)

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:18 pm

I can't speak for anyone else.  But as far as I'm  concerned you can shove your review right up your arse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:35 am

Not nice, especially since I was going to ask your historical insight to explain if this is a flaw in the story.

Movie is a love story/horror story with emphasis on the love story part. American goes to Italy countryside to flee from thugs in America and falls in love with a woman. When he finds out she occassionally turns into this lamia-like thing (what she is is never explained - in the manner of all tripe movies like this) , guess wot - he is still in love with her pussy, even though when in lamia form she has no contrrol of herself and can kill him.
Anyways, here is the Engy part:
She tells him she is 2000 years old and brings him to Pompei and shows him the figures there that were cast in plaster, saying those three figures are her family.
So 1/ did Vesuvius erupt destroying Pompei (and I think Herculaium-wotsit also???) 2000 years ago. I thought there were no Romans 2000 years ago - that that was the time of the pharohs. But then again, Shakes[peare writes of Mark Anthony (a Roman) and Cleopatra/Ptolemy, so's I guessd I'm wrong.

Anyways - too lazy to look it up becoz history sucks anort.

So you, Engy , had a chance to show me up for being a fool.
But ,looks like you lost the opportunity, mate. Becoz yer not reading this, cos in your orpinion I can shove this rerview up me arse.
Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:17 am

Briefly. Cuz I can't  resist showing off. ...
Rome founded around 750 bc.
Ended around 400 ad.
So yep , it was around 2000 years ago.
Pharaoh's were ina different place ffs. But were in decline 2000 years ago.
Marcus Antonius was Caesars  right hand man in  the army.
When Caesar ( pronounced kaiser ) was stabbed to death,  his adopted lad , who was his nephew , Augustus , was made ruler in his will,  not MA . MA was not happy and had power of the army behind him .
Aug was forced after 14 years civil war to devide empire up into east and west and a shitty bit including North Afreak.  A bloke called Lepidus got the shitty bit. MA got east including Egypt. Augustus ( formally Octavian ) kept Rome and the west.
MA started fucking Cleopatra.  Cleopatra persuaded MA to cut off the Roman grain supply to weaken Aug so he could go back as big man ,and she could be Empress. .  Aug got pissed off  went and fucked him up. MA got in a boat and when the sea battle was lost scarpered back to Egypt in time to find out Cleopatra had done some snake bite.  Then he got pissed ( again ) , stabbed hisself ...found out she was actually still alive.  Went and found her and died in her arms.
Then she did some snake stuff for real.  
Aug then became first Roman Emperor ,,
Strangely , the film Cleopatra with Liz and Rik , was bloody accurate historically. There was no carpet rolled up though, she was smuggled in to see Caesar in dirty laundry.
T' end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:17 am

An' were it nort fer Plutarch yew wuldnae kenned most o' dis - specherlay der laundry bit.
Wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:47 am

And Livy , Tacitus , Caesar , and others. Don't forget ol' Julius ( pronounce Iyulius ) wrote a diary every day during most of his campaigns.  Apart from the obvious gobbing off and making out he was Mr Big , they are a good reference.
I gots a book on the Roman civil war written by three of Caesar's army staff.

Basketball
See now you gots me talking about me passion and I'm being all nicey nicey.
So shut the fuck up. I don't like being nice to ya ! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:24 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top