ALBERT'S MEMORIAL (2009, UK)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALBERT'S MEMORIAL (2009, UK)

Post by Wallace on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Terminally-ill Albert summons his two old war friends, actor David Warner (one of my fav actors) and David Jason, and, giving them a big portion of his life's savings, has them promise that they will steal his corpse from the mortuary, cross the Channel and take it to countryside outside of Berlin. He says this is as important for their own sakes as his. They must come to terms with themselves for a wrong (of compliance) which the three did during the war.

During the war they were at this woodside field when the war was declared over and the Russians came to "liberate". A young woman came fleeing to them and left running - straight into the hands of the Russian liberators who raped her and killed her. The three Brits did nothing to help her. They buried the body there in an unmarked grave.

Albert wanted to be buried there.

On their way to the Chunnel - with the body in a cheap cardboard (cremation) casket on top the car - they pickup a beautiful German woman. She is not specific about where she wants to go,; not really caring.

Finally she gets it out of the two old men about what is strapped to the top of the car and their plans. With her aid -in fucking a transport truck driver headed for Germany - they get the coffin box into the transport and , by some miracle there is a grandfather clock in the transport which the two switch with the body.

So it is the body makes it past customs and they follow the truck into France. On the way to Germany the truck makes an unexpected exit off the highway and they lose it. They make the next turnoff which has them ending up on some country road where there is no traffic at all.

Later - another miracle - the truck JUST HAPPENS to roll by! They take out the body at the next truck stop.

Memories are poor but SOMEHOW they find the field and the tree beneath which the unfortunate German girl was buried. This brings back all the flood of memory and Jason breaks down. The girl is looking from afar and there is a curious half-smile on her face.

They dig a grave there for Albert. (But they do not find the girl's remains.)

When they return to the car, the girl is gone and no trace of her belongings.

Of course, it was the Ghost all the time - forgiving them, leading them to conclusion.

One thing I did not like: they were good friends and risked a lot fulfilling Albert's wish.
But in the end, how did they bury him?: in a zip-up mortuary body bag!

Fox me!

I would want my body to freely rot into the earth, not remain putrid and liquid ,contained in a plastic sleeve.

Last edited by Wallace on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wallace
WALLY THE TOTAL FRIENDLY FRUITCAKE

Back to top Go down

Re: ALBERT'S MEMORIAL (2009, UK)

Post by Rudolph Hucker on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:11 pm

Rudolph Hucker
INSANE BASTARD

Back to top Go down

Re: ALBERT'S MEMORIAL (2009, UK)

Post by zako on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:16 pm

YUK !!!