CITY OF THE DEAD (Uk, '59)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CITY OF THE DEAD (Uk, '59)

Post by Wallace on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Please remember that Wallace suffers all the hotoil and devil-barbs of video-hell so that you do not have to.

First off - its not a "City" - as said in the film itself, it is a village.
This unfortunate piece of banal offal had an equally uninspiring  title, "Horror Hotel". I mean, fuck me with a  rusty can.

I was interested in seeing this film cos one video book complimented it on its "Lovecraftian" (how they love that word) portrayal of a  town cursed. Well if a single barn, a shit inn exterior,cardboard graveyard minuments,  some leafless branches thrown here and there and endless amounts of dry ice equate to the requisite Lovecraftian atmos., well, then I suppose this passes.

Deadly mistake - dont use jazzy light music as a backdrop for horror. I thought even a Hollywood Jew would know as much.

Young skirt in college is doing a treatise on devil worship in New England. Her teacher,Lee, advises her to check out Whitewood a village still rooted in the past where, back in the day a witch was burned. She dosnt know it but  the witchcraft-studies professor had ancestors come out of Whitewood. Also the resurrected witch of 200 years earlier ,runs the inn! Andf then...bladdah ,bladdah, bladdah ...you know how it goes.

Anyone that recommends you this Christopher Lee trash-movie should be knocked about the gulliver  so deftly that his ears fall off.
Wallace
WALLY THE TOTAL FRIENDLY FRUITCAKE

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top