WALKING DEAD SEASON 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WALKING DEAD SEASON 3

Post by Wallace on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Big improvement on series 2, Jimmehs.

Mainly because here the action moves into another world: the group fleeing the world-gone-zombie stumbles upon an ultimate haven - the state penitentary.

I was surprized to find out that in the making of this film they did not use a real prison. They had  the same production designer which did Road Warrior & Mad Max turn (with the aid of 60 workers) a back lot into a prison , covering aluminum walls with fake brick or fake poured concrete walls.

This decrepit, aged prison-cackhole becomes like a welcome paradise of fenced safety for the harrowed troupe led by the ex-sherrif.

Speaking of the main character - the sherrif is played by BRITISH actor, Andrew Lincoln. I never knew this actor and his American accent is so good, I never took him for being a Brit.

The main villain in this is The Governor. A despot running a nearby barricaided downtown-street "town", trying to give the townsfolk purpose; some sort of normality amongst the zombie-chaos outside  taking place in the seemingly mythical backroads brokedown-America of ghost town , rusted silos and field-abandoned farm-machinery. I think this is one of the good points about this series - instead of doing the usual , of zombies taking over cities, this series, right from the start takes it out to the open farmlands. Afterall, the folk are fleeing the zombie-infested confines of the city.

The villain too is played by a Brit actor(David Morrissey of "South Riding" and many more)
Morrissey's role is a complex one: a baddy who isn't at first discernably evil. A deep psychopath who, all the same, somehow puts together a veneer of rationality in this unrational new world violence . Outwardly charming and so, doubly dangerous.  Once he loses his zombie-daughter however, the devil inside quickly surfaces, and like Moriarity in Sherlock, he has nothing to lose - completely gone.

I know - you are thinking, "Zombie bullshit. When is it gonna end."

Still, Wallace highly recommends this.
Wallace
WALLY THE TOTAL FRIENDLY FRUITCAKE

Back to top Go down

Re: WALKING DEAD SEASON 3

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:01 am

We'll even put up with this shite Trampus....so long as yer feeling better and rejuvinated !

Back to top Go down

Post by Jock Strapp on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:19 am

never watched anything like since 1980
i ried friends once
well watched about 3 seconds of it before turning the shoite off..
Jock Strapp
INSANE BASTARD

http://www.snakeoilaudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top